Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Handler not taking input from external calls

The issue I am seeing is that my call handler is working properly if I call from an internal phone (4 digit dialing). When I dial in from an external phone to the DID of the call handler however, it plays the Call Handler recording but does not accept any user input. I do have the "accept input during greeting" turned on (but it works for internal calls only). <br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Handler not taking input from external calls

What kind of telephone system are you using?

Does the system respond at all to DTMF?

If this is a call manager, make sure the gateway those external calls are coming in over is set up to relay the DTMF.

See http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=978&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=DTMF relay&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=826 for more information.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

The Call manager is a Cisco 7750. I did try the dtmf-relay suggestion from your previous response (it was not set up on the voip dial peers). It still does not function from an external line but functions as expected from an internal IP Phone. Any ideas??? Thank you in advance for your time.

Robert Wagner

Anonymous
N/A

Did you try DTMF-relay h245-alphanumeric?

What kind of gateway is it? This is very likely where the problem lies.

The gateway is a 2600. Your last suggestion did the trick. Thank you!!!

Robert Wagner

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content