cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Problem

zawadzkij
Level 1
Level 1

I created several call handlers for a school district menu. When testing them on the inbound (PRI) the opening greeting voice quality is ok, the problem is when I get directed to other call handlers the voice quality drops and sounds digitized and then recovers back to normal. Testing the menu locally works fine. I'm running Unity 3.1(2) and CallManager 3.1(3a). Thanks

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you record the greetings for these call handlers? Via TRAP? Do you also get distorted sound on messages left for folks on the system? Do these greetings sound distorted if you play them back via the media master over a sound card/speakers directly? (last question... I swear) Have you setup AGC and/or playback/record boosts in the TSP?

And were you listening to all of this while calling in from the PSTN over a voice gateway? Do you get this when making an internal call into the opening greeting?

If this only happens on PSTN calls, and if your gateway is a 6608, then this could be CSCdx36894.

At this site we have a Catalyst 6500 with a 8 port T1 module currently using 2 PRI's. I only get this when dialing inbound into the PRI. Internally testing the call handlers there is no problem.

I recorded the greetings via media master via cisco phone. I've tested the menu internally and that tests fine. Currently there is a Catalyst 6000 with a 8 port T1 module with 2 PRI's currently active. There is no problem with voicemail being distorted, only when dialing inbound on the PRI's into the menu sytem. It is not consistent to a certain call handler (great), any help would be great. thanks

You should probably open a TAC case then so you can get the 6608 load that contains the fix for the bug I mentioned earlier. Be sure to mention the bug id when you open the case. Once you get it, you can load it on the gateway and monitor the system for a few days to see if it helps.