cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler "Send caller to Subscriber"

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a call handler that I want to transfer users to an extension on CCM3.1 after the greeting. However, this extension is not a subscriber and furthermore is not in Exchange or Active Directory. Is there anyway to get the Call Handler to forward the user to this extension, or do I have to create a fake subscriber/exchange user for this extension?<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

There shouldn't be a problem at all with having a call handler transfer to an extension that is not a Unity subscriber (i.e. has an Exchange/AD account). Just enter the extension into the transfer field of the call handler and let it rip.

Now if the extension that we are transferring to is set to forward back to Unity, it would hit the opening greeting since the look up on that forwarded extension would not find a subscriber match.

Let us know if there are any problems.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

you don't need to fake a subscriber, you just need to create another call handler, configure it's transfer rules to ring the phone you want and then set the after greeting action you're talking about to "attempt transfer for" that new call handler.

BTW, I have a couple training videos for the Audio Text Manager out on AnswerMonkey.net that might be helpful to understanding how all the handlers (subscribers, call handlers, interview handlers) hang together to make an audio text application... might be of interest to you.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: