Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Call Handler Standard Greeting Disabled

I have created an alternate opening greeting (with it's own extension that was a part of an attendant console hunt). When the hunt goes to the auto attendant, it plays a greeting that was previously recorded. The standard greeting on this handler says it's disabled. When I use media master to play the recorded standard greeting it plays the new one. When I run dbWalker, it says that the standard greeting can't be disabled and it says it fixes it, but when I got into Unity Admin after that, it still shows as disabled. I checked the date on the system per a previous lindborg post, and the date is current and correct.

Here is the lineage of my attempts to fix:

Before running dbWalker, on the call handler page in unity admin:

greeting: standard

Enabled

x Disabled

Output from dbWalker (3.0 build 77):

Handler Alias=Crescent Crown Opening Greeting

Jump to this call handler in the SA using this link: Open SA to this call handler

Text Name=Crescent Crown Opening Greeting

1207:(error) Voice name WAV file missing. Path referenced for file=d:\CommServer\Stream Files\Crescent Crown Opening Greeting_ChlName_43cc49e6.wav

Extension= 5598

......snip......

1195:(error) Standard messaging rule was disabled, which should never be possible.

1253:(fixed) Standard messaging rule automatically enabled.

......snip......

After running dbWalker, on the call handler page in unity admin:

Enabled

x Disabled

Run dbWalker again:

Handler Alias=Crescent Crown Opening Greeting

Jump to this call handler in the SA using this link: Open SA to this call handler

Text Name=Crescent Crown Opening Greeting

1207:(error) Voice name WAV file missing. Path referenced for file=d:\CommServer\Stream Files\Crescent Crown Opening Greeting_ChlName_43cc49e6.wav

Extension= 5598

.........snip........

1464:(warning) the after greeting action for the Standard greeting is set to loop back to the same call handler.

This is not necessarily a problem but it could potentialy cause a 'loop event' that's unexepcted

.........snip........

After running dbWalker and not seeing the status error, on the call handler page in unity admin:

Enabled

x Disabled

After some undisclosed time... dbWalker will show results like the first one shown, but it will still show up in unityadmin as disabled...

Any one have any ideas???

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Handler Standard Greeting Disabled

What version of Unity is this? It could be an SA bug causing the issue at hand here (i.e. setting it back to disabled).

Cisco Employee

Assuming you're at 3.1(x) or later here, there's a couple things I'd like you to do here... Pop open SQL Query Analyzer if you have it installed or use CUDLE (you can snag this off www.CiscoUnityTools.com). Enter the following query:

SELECT * FROM MessagingRule INNER JOIN CallHandler

ON MessagingRule.ParentObjectID=CallHandler.CallHandlerObjectID

WHERE MEssagingRule.Alias='standard' AND callHandler.Alias='openinggreetingch'

stick in the appropriate alias for your call handler at the end there. This will bring back one row for the standard messaging rule (Greeting) for the call handler in question. Look at the "TimeExpires" column there - what's in there? Is it blank or is there a date? If there's a date, what is it?

After getting that information you can force it to clear using this query:

UPDATE MessagingRule

Set TimeExpires=NULL

FROM MessagingRule INNER JOIN CallHandler

ON MessagingRule.ParentObjectID=CallHandler.CallHandlerObjectID

WHERE MEssagingRule.Alias='standard' AND callHandler.Alias='openinggreetingch'

That will force the time expires to null which means it's active. This is what dbWalker _should_ be doing so I suspect the SA is showing it as disabled regardless and if you change anything else on that user it's writing the disabled value in there on you. After clearing it with the above query, do a test call (i.e. don't look in the SA or save any changes).

If that doesn't work, there another issue at play we'll need to take a look at.

Cisco Employee

... and yet another follow up here...

I think I may have found the problem. The date parsing library the SA is using to determine if the date in the "timeexpires" field there is in the future or the past caps out at 2038 - dbWalker was plugging in a date past that to activate the greeting. I changed the logic to match the contact rules code in that it forces the field to NULL in all cases no matter what which is considered "active" by the conversations and the SA.

I tested it out and I was able to reproduce the problem as you describe it if I first punched a date in the past into that column and then ran the version of dbWalker you did - it sticks a future date in there which should be considered active but the SA doesn't like it. The updated dbWalker which I just posted to CiscoUnityTools.com fixed the problem.

Sorta the long way home but I think I got it figured out.

Community Member

Thanks. I had to tend to some other issues but will be back at this customer tomorrow and will dl the new dbWalker and try it. Thanks for your attention to this and I'll let you know then.

Community Member

So, you want to hear something really strange? I dl'd the new dbWalker to fix this issue, and when I ran it, it showed no errors fixed. I closed the log and looked in saweb and the standard greeting now shows enabled.

Is that weird or what?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content