cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler to Operator not working

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a new Unity server running v 2.4.6. When I press 0 to go the operator the VM says that the operator is not available and sends me to record a greeting. I checked the TSP version and it says that it is version 1.0.0.21. I know that I have seen that 1.0.0.28 is the most recent version. Is that causing my problem??<br><br>Jim Brennan<br><br>

25 Replies 25

Not applicable

I have been doing some testing in the lab with a system. I have now been able to get the Transfer to the Operator to work. I had been setting the transfer options in the "Standard" rule,but if I enter the extension to transfer to in the "Alternate" rule it works. I was always working with the "Standard" rule before. Why doesn't the Standard rule work??

Not applicable

The standard rule only kicks in when the schedule for that call handler is considered active (i.e. your regular day schedule should be active between 8am and 5pm for instance).

Or if you had the alternate transfer rule enabled, it will overrule the standard and off hours rules no matter what. So if you had it enabled with transfer turned off, no matter what you did on the standard/off hours transfer rules, they would have had no effect.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Ok

Based on that, I changed the Alternate rule and disabled it. So, the Standard rule should run. The Operator Call Handler is Active Weekdays (the default). Now I have the Standard rule set to ring the same extension that worked using the Alternate Rule. Now I am back where I started, the VM says "The operator is not available". Why does the Alternate rule work and the Standard rule doesn't? They have the same configuration!!

What should I be checking??

Not applicable

Hmmmm... if they are both truely setup the same it should work. I'm not sure what to tell you. I'd have to call in and look around at your system to see if something was different that's not visible at the SA or something.

I don't suppose the "enabled" radio button for the standard greeting is set to "disabled" (it should be grayed out since you're not supposed to be able to disable the standard greeting but there was a bug in previous versions where sometimes this was getting turned off still).

outside shot, but off the cuff that's all I can think of.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I checked the Operator Call Handler Standard Rule, the Status radio button is grayed out, Enabled is selected as well. I can setup a modem so you can dialin to the server and check things out.

Not applicable

the problem is a bug in unity. The standard rule had an attribute set in the Exchange Database that indicated that the rule expired. I opened a TAC case and we are able to reset the AVP_TIME_EXPIRES back to empty. Now the standard rule runs a it should

Not applicable

Our unity system will not transfer the call unless the alternate transfer is enabled. Can you please explain how to reset the AVP_TIME_EXPIRES attribute.Regards
Andrew.Stringer@cw.com

Not applicable

The latest version of the DBWalker utility on my web page (below) will automatically set the standard contact rule (for tranfers) and the standard greeting rule to active (i.e. it'll clear any date that may have been set in the AVP_TIME_EXPIRES field). The SA has fixed a few bugs along these lines up through 2.4.6 build 135 (i.e. the standard rules should never be disabled). If you're running 135 and still getting this on handlers/subscribers, be sure to report it to TAC.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.
Have checked the tools links on your web site, but we could not find the application mentioned.

Not applicable

It's out there... the full name is "Directory Walker", the hipsters call it DBWalker. Here's the link to the Unity 2.x version:

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_DirectoryWalker.htm

there's also a version for 3.0 on the 3.x tools page.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Not applicable

I got the Cisco 1.0.0.28 TSP from TAC. I removed the old TSP, rebooted and installed the new one. I get the same results however.

When ever I try to transfer to another extension from VM it is always busy and goes to the subscribers mail box.

I don't see the call being transfered to another VM port.

Using the Status monitor I see.

In the conversation State window:
State-PHTransfer LoadInfo
State-Play Greeting
Call answered if needed
DTMF[0]
State-PHTransfer LoadInfo
State-Play Greeting
Call Answered if needed
State-Hangup
Idle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: