Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Handler Transfer

We have numerous phones (conf. rms, lobbies, etc) that do not have a subscriber mailbox, that we want to be able to transfer calls from the auto attendant. We have 2.4.6.135.<br>I have set up call handlers, with the extension entered, ring the extension, a blank greeting with attempt to tranfer. I have tried it configured numerous ways, but still unable to ring a phone. I keep getting a message that the system is temp. unavailable. We have a dual integration with CCM 3.1 & NEC 2400. I hate to have to created subscribers in order to do this & use up the licences for non-user phones.<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Handler Transfer

When you get the "system is unavailable" message, there should be error entries in the Application event log... can you look and tell us what they say?

Which switch is the call handler you're testing with associated with? Which switch are you calling in on? I suspect this is the root of the problem. There will be no change between subscribers can call handlers (subscribers, in fact, have a hidden call handler under the covers that takes care of this). This is probalby a configuration issue of some sort...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

The error log reads, 'Transferred to failsafe conversation while running conversation PHTransfer on port 6'. The source is AvConMsg_MC.
The phones we are trying to ring are on the NEC2400 side & the incoming calls to the auto attendant are also on the 2400 side. I'm also using unsupervised transfer, releasing to the switch

Anonymous
N/A

Which switch is the call handler you're testing with associated with (you'll see this on the profile page of the call handler). If it's not the NEC, set it to that, save and try the call with that guy again.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

I've set up different ones on both the 2400 & the call manager. Getting the same error message on both

Anonymous
N/A

but if you set up a subscriber to do the exact same thing, it works? That just makes no sense... a subscriber has a call handler associated with it, the object is the same exact thing, just not visible as a seperate object.

Which contact rule are you using on the call handler? Try making sure the alternate is active so we know that one is firing and not the standard or off hours. Also, which time zone is the handler associated with? I seem to remember a bug along these lines if it wasn't associated with a specific time zone...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff, Your answer triggered a bell I remember now. The alternate is enabled by default. I disabled the alternate & it works perfect now.
Thanks for you help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content