Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Handler WAV File Format

Our customer wants to convert their current voice mail system's call handler messages (VOX) into WAV format for their new Unity system. They have a few questions regarding the WAV files on Unity.<br><br>"Please send me all of the information you can on the file. Is it a pcm type, is it 16-44 quality, is it 8-22 quality."<br><br>I search the message board and found this from Jeff, refering to 2.4: "this is why the default is 8k MuLaw." Is this also true for 3.0?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Handler WAV File Format

Yes, the default recordings we ship with Unity (which include prompts and canned greetings for the operator, opening greeting etc...) are all G711 MuLaw.

You can change the default recording codec to a number of different options on your server if you want, however you need to bear in mind that this affects ALL recordings, including voice messages that may be listened to on desktops that might not have the fancy codec you use (i.e. G729a). You can change the codec used for recording files on Unity by using the "SetRecordFormat.exe" application under commserver\utilities.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies