Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How do I configure unity for a particular subscriber such that a caller can be transferred to an assistant even after going to voice mail? I figure that Iit may have something to do with configuring a call handler but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can just map a one key rule on the in the user input section of the subscriber in question. For instance you can map the "0" get to send the caller to the assistant's mailbox... you'd want to record the greeting of the subscriber to tell the caller that (i.e. "... to reach my assistant now, press 0, otherwise stay on the line and leave me a message...").

here's the chapter in the administration guide on how to setup the user input keys on a subscriber's mailbox if you need it:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/sag/sag313/sag_0170.htm#xtocid9

Thanks Jeff,

That was very helpful. At the risk of sounding stupid, let me ask you this: I already have 0 mapped as the number for reaching reception. Is there a way to map the same key to two different actions? (there you go, I've just sounded stupid!!)

no, the one key map is the same across all greetings for the call handler or subscriber (i.e. you can't have 0 mean one thing during the day and another thing during the night)... not stupid, I get that question all the time.

You can, however, have the behavior of the target call handler do different things based on the time of day. For instance during the day it can transfer to a phone and then take a message. At night it can route the call right to an interview handler for after hours stuff.

You can map the 0 keys in bulk for different subscribers and call handlers to do "area operator" type functions if that's what you're getting at. The BulkEdit utility can help you with this...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: