cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way from the default call handler to have the caller transferred to multiple subscribers. Whether it is a group of subscribers where the call is set to rollover to the next user or multiple subscribers are called when caller input is performed(ex. pressing 1).<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

So you want to set up some kind of crude hunt group using call handlers? I suppose you could do that if you set up a chain of call handlers and you linked the “1” key on the Opening Greeting call handler to “attempt transfer” to the first one in the chain.

Each handler in the chain would need to be configured to try an extension (supervised transfer with 4 rings at least), set the greeting to be blank or have it say “please hold while I try the next line” or whatever and set the after greeting action to “attempt transfer” to the next call handler in the chain. This would effectively try a series of phones until someone answered or you got to the end of the chain.

Not real pretty and your call progress had better be pretty tight. This’ll burn a lot of ports if you’re handling a bunch of calls as well. Be careful… Seems to me that a PBX hunt group would be a cleaner solution here if you could do it. You’d have options for “first available” or “round robin” hunting as well.

If that’s not what you were gunning for, let me know…

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg