Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

call handler

I want to change the opening greeting call handler back to the default that came when the system was first installed. When I go into the call handler and change all greetings back to system and dial the number after saving changes I still hear one of our greetings. What can I do to get the default system greeting back? <br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: call handler

Couple of things here...

First, the "system greeting" radio button actually has Unity create the greeting on the fly using the extension of the call handler or the voice name of the message recipient for the call handler if an extension is not provided. This sounds like "Extension 1005 is busy or on the phone...". This is used pretty rarely.

What's probably happening is you're editing the wrong greeting. There are 5 greetings for each call handler: Standard, off hours, internal, busy and alternate. Depending on the schedule you may be editing the wrong greeting.

If you just want to have the greeting added by setup back (i.e. the "Unity messaging system..." greeting... not sure why you want this as opposed to a custom greeting) you can import the greeting back off the hard drive. To do this hit the little down arrow on the left and select "paste from file" and surf to the WAV file you want to copy in. Go to the opening greeting call handler and use the media master to copy WAV files off the hard drive into the greeting. Setup uses WAV files found in:

\Commserver\Localize\DefaultConfiguration\ENU

The standard greeting is called "OpeningGreetingday.wav" and the off hours greeting is called "OpeningGreetingClosed.wav".

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content