cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handlers for Second Language Not Working

fgirard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On a dual language Unity Voice messaging system with French as the primary language, English call handlers are no longer responding. This is a Unity 3.1(5) with TSP 7.0(1) installed with the French language first (as the default language everywhere) followed by the English (US) language.

When a caller calls the main number, he gets a French greeting (which is OK), but when he presses 9 to access the English greeting, he gets a French message saying that the system cannot process the request, and the call is terminated by Unity... Not great for our English callers!

In the application event log, we continuously get error messages. One of them is the following:

1/17/2003 10:58:54 AM AvPhraseServer_MC Error Erreur 10025 N/A SERUNITY1 CAvPhraseServerMgr::CreatePhraseServerSU - La langue définie en tant que 'ENC' n'est pas chargée.

This message translates to "The language defined as 'ENC' is not loaded".

Where shoud we look? How come we are getting this error message; 'ENC' is not an option in Unity.

Thanks,

Francis

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's pretty odd since Unity doesn't even have support for ENC (English Canadian).

First things first... lets check and see which language ID a call handler you're getting this error on is set for. If you can open up DOHPropTest (you'll find it in the diagnostic branch fo the Tools Depot on your desktop), don't enter a pw, just open it in read only mode. Select call handlers, go to the call handler alias that you can repro this on and on the right hand list box select the AVP_LANGUAGE property and tell me what value is in there.

ENC is language ID 4105 - I'm not sure how that would get in there since we don't have a language defined for that but you never know. If it's US English the language ID should be 1033.

If the language is defined properly as 1033 there's probably some phrase server registration issue or another we'll have to get the conversation guys over to look at - but lets start with the language code for that handler and go from there.

The AVP_LANGUAGE is set to 1033. What sould be our next step?

Thanks,

Francis

freaky - I can't imagine where that message would be coming from unless there was a problem with the US English language install such that some phrase server or another is hosed up and kicking out a bogus error somewhere along the line.

We can check the registry settings under HTKLM\Software\Active Voice\System Parameters - here is where the languages installed, active and the like are stored - if you see ENC anywhere in this branch, that would be something to check out.

That said, I'm doubting this is a simple configuration issue that we can run down here in the forum - I'm betting we'll have to turn on some conversation traces and repro the problem and have a developer run it down in code - I'll ping the conversation guys and see what they have to suggest here. This is the first time I've seen or heard of anything along these lines.

The registry was checked - all seems normal. One more symptom.... on the server, after opening the start - settings - control pannel - internet options window, clicking on OK hangs that window - you then need to kill that task.

TIA,

Francis

Talking with the conversations guy (along with the CPR engineer working on your case) the only other thing we can think to check is the phrase server branch in the registry - this is where each language installs some information about where to find it's prompt sets and the like.

If you open up HKLM\Software\Phrase Server Classes, you'll see a bunch of phrase branches - each one should have a 3 letter language ID under it for each language installed (FRA and ENU in this case) - check to see if any of these are ENC or the like.

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Bonjour Francis,

Si tu est le gars que j'ai rencontré en début de semaine au bureau de CISCO a Montréal, enchanté de te reparler !

I met a similar problem in a lab environnement, I was upgrading from 2.4.6 to 3.1.4.

Your problem is because your have been "tagged" to use ENC language in UNITY 2.4.6, but you didn't install this language in UNITY 3.1.5 you instead probably install ENU = English United States (ENC = English Canada ???)

I got the same problem, but this was for the french language :

the imported user where using FRC (French Canadian), but in 3.1.x you only have the FRA (French France). I solve my problem by Using Bulkedit , and by selecting all subscriber and all Callhandler to use : French France .

But, I was in a lab env. you SHOULD really take care of what your about to do by using Bulkedit, since, some user may use French, and some use English, I suggest that you only "reconfigure" the default language of CallHandler in cause !

J'espère que cela t'aidera !

Martin Gagnon

TELUS Quebec