Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Handlers not working after updating license

We just purchased the Unity reseller package. We received it on a Thursday, but didn't get our key back until the following Tuesday. I went ahead and installed over the weekend in between in Demo mode (2.4.6.102). I uninstalled 102 (using tools from answermonkey.net) and re-installed .126 download also in demo mode.<br><br>In Demo mode, I'd go into each item and select the drop-down to the 2nd switch integration for IP (demo had a serial integration listed first, then the IP integration).<br><br>After adding the license key, Unity is now IP only. The drop-box where I can select which switch is gone (I don't exactly remember, but I think it was on the first page of each call handler and subscriber)<br><br>Anyhow, the problem I have is that it does not appear to be attempting transfers. It goes straight to their greeting. Unity is setup as my default auto-attendant.<br><br>While testing, I found can delete a subscriber setup before the licensing, recreate them, then it works perfect. All settings are identical. I can only assume there is a bad reference in their account to the way it was when it had dual integration?<br><br>My problem now is that I can't delete the operator call handler. It is going stragight to voicemail. Before the license key the operator worked perfect.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Handlers not working after updating license

Sounds like you had all your users/handlers associated with switch #2 and then you converted over to a single switch integration and switch #2 isn't valid any longer. Several folks have run into this...

the easiest way is to once again head out to AnswerMonkey and grab the BulkEdit utility. Force all subscribers and all call handlers to be associated with the switch you have now... be sure to run through all the call handlers and then all the subscribers. That should get you fixed up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Has this been tested with .126? Docs don't say so yet....

Anonymous
N/A

you mean the Bulk Edit Utility? Yeah, I've used it... just haven't updated the web page with 126 stuff. The back end didn't change (i.e. no DOH properties were altered) between 102 and 126 and that's all BET cares about.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Is there a way to delete the other switch? I can see both inside of the bulk edit utility (they say the same thing, so its hard to tell which is which).

Anonymous
N/A

You have to delete the 2nd switch in the registry at this point... it's a little ugly. I need to get some time together to do a utility to handle this and get it to the product team.

The first switch in the list in the BulkEdit utiliyt is switch #1 (the one you want), the secdond one is switch #2. Just pick the first one.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content