cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Line Appearance

bkindred
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to setup a phone to have a line appearance of another phone to display if that phone is off hook or on hook? I know you can do this with software, but I would like to do it with the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

If two phones have the same line appearance you will see an X through the little phone icon on the phone when it is off hook.

You will also see incoming calls on both phones. I really dont want to see incoming calls on the other phone, just off hook status.

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Probably the best way is to set up Attendant console, from the AC console, you can see the status of all users and phones, ringing, on hook, off hook, etc.

Todd

Thanks for the info. I am looking for a way to do this from the phone but I dont think the callmanager is capable of doing this.

What about the sidecar? It has busylamps. If you need more than 28 lines (plus whatever lines on the 7960 you are not using that you can also monitor, so 34 total?) then you have to do attendant console.

If you use the sidecar, you will have to have a line appearance of the phone on your sidecar. You will then see any calls coming in for those line appearance on your phones screen. This is what I would like to avoid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: