Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Call Looping on PRI Channels

Hi Folks,

We are facing an issue on the PRi line related to the DIDs.

We have a pool of DID numbers,some of them are assigned to ip phones and some of them are not specified.

Now what happens .. if anyone is trying(inbound)to reach the unassigned DID number the call manager sends the call back to the pri and the call comes back on a different channell ..this looping keep on happening for a while.

Is there nyone wu came across such an issue? :(

The E1 card i am using is VWIC-1MFT-E1=

i woulod appreciate your inputs

Cheers

Aj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: Call Looping on PRI Channels

Hi Abdul

The system is working as designed - basically the normal practice is to restrict the CSS assigned to a gateway so it doesn't have external patterns matched... If it does have a match, then the number isn't 'unassigned'.

Potentially the dial-pattern that the incoming call matches (which currently routes back to the same GW) could be another GW (maybe a remote site CME system, or another H323 compatible system e.g. Avaya ) so if the number matches, it will be routed.

It's up to you to create a CSS that just contains internal partitions, or put in a block pattern to block the ones you don't want to forward. Most people do the first option.

Regards

Aaron

Please take the time to rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
11 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Have you got some route pattern that points the unallocated number back to the PRI?

Sounds like you need to reconsider your route patterns to configure it in such a way that calls aren't routed back...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Community Member

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the Prompt reply.

I have verified the route patterns ther was nothing which could route the unallocated no.

but here we are not using the 9. to access the outside lines.so no digit stripping.

however we are using the same set up on another site and we do not have any issue there.

at the moment i have created some route patterns to block the unallocated nos but this is not a permenent solution.

Cheers

AJ

Community Member

Have you tried turning on a CCM trace to see why the gateway routes the call back out the PRI?

Community Member

Hi,

I turned on the trace and made some calls. i have attached the captured traces from both the call managers as well as the isdn debug from the voice gateway.

Some of the unassigned DID no i was trying were 2088338,2088371,2088386

note that we are receiving only the last three digits on the PRI (3XX) and i am prefixing 2088 to the gateway in the call manager.

i was trying to call from 0505084934.

I would appreciate if you can look at the logs and advice me .

Cheers

AJ

Community Member

Hi Frenz,

Did anyone looked at the trace files ..i am still stuck with the issue . it would be great if someone can advice me if its a call manager issue or gateway issue.

Cheers

Abdul Jaleel

Super Bronze

Hi

This bit of the ccm000000154 log:

07/03/2006 11:50:50.349 CCM|Digit analysis: match(pi="1", fqcn="", cn="0505084934",plv="5", pss="P1:P2:P_LOC:P_NAT:P_INT:PRT_Voicemail", TodFilteredPss="P1:P2:P_LOC:P_NAT:P_INT:PRT_Voicemail", dd="2088338",dac="0")|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.60.1.12><:2><:10.60.1.1><:>

07/03/2006 11:50:50.349 CCM|Digit analysis: analysis results|<:STANDALONECLUSTER><:10.60.1.12><:2><:10.60.1.1><:>

07/03/2006 11:50:50.349 CCM||PretransformCallingPartyNumber=0505084934

|CallingPartyNumber=0505084934

|DialingPartition=P_LOC

|DialingPattern=[2-9]XXXXXX

|FullyQualifiedCalledPartyNumber=[2-9]088338

|DialingRoutePatternRegularExpression=([2-9]XXXXXX)

|DialingWhere=

|PatternType=Enterprise

|PotentialMatches=NoPotentialMatchesExist

|DialingSdlProcessId=(0,0,0)

|PretransformDigitString=2088338

|PretransformTagsList=SUBSCRIBER

|PretransformPositionalMatchList=2088338

|CollectedDigits=2088338

|UnconsumedDigits=

|TagsList=SUBSCRIBER

|PositionalMatchList=2088338

|VoiceMailbox=5000

|VoiceMailCallingSearchSpace=

The list of partitions in the CSS of the device making the call (the gateway I think) is P1:P2:P_LOC:P_NAT:P_INT:PRT_Voicemail - it looks like the gateway has local/national calling partitions in it's list.

Also the digit matching section:

|CallingPartyNumber=0505084934

|DialingPartition=P_LOC

|DialingPattern=[2-9]XXXXXX

|FullyQualifiedCalledPartyNumber=[2-9]088338

|DialingRoutePatternRegularExpression=([2-9]XXXXXX)

|

This looks like because you are prefixing 2088 onto called numbers from the gateway (making the number in this case 2088338), the number is matching the local route pattern and as there is no more specific match (no extension with that number) it is being sent back out.

What you need to do is either:

1) Create a CSS for the gateway that doesn't include the local dialling partition...

2) Create a route pattern that matches your extension range only (maybe 20883xx or something) and set it to 'block this pattern' instead of 'route this pattern' - and then put this in a partition in your gateways' CSS.

Regards

Aaron

Community Member

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your prompt reply and your time..

I was already using the option two you have suggested to block the calls 20883XX on the gateway. but is this a proper solution.

What i understand if the call manager see this number as unassigned it shoud give some kind of signal to the CO switch and it should not sent the call back to the PRI again.

I have the same setup in another location but there if i dial an unassigned number i get a disconnect tone immediatly.also i verified all the configuration everything looks same.

The only difference i found the the PRI cards in the working site we are using NM-HDV2-1T1/E1 and at the site wer we have rhe problem i am using VWIC-1MFT-E1= could you tell me if this will make any difference.

Cheers

Abdul Jaleel

Community Member

Hi,

The card type won't affect this problem. You need to check the dial-plan, as this is the only place where the calls will loop.

Would be helpful if you could send the dialplan (route-plan - route-plan report - view in file), and the config of the GW.

Also, in CCM, under service paramters - CCM check that "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag*" is set to true.

Cheers,

Ray

Community Member

Hi Rayn,

Many thanks for your suggessions

the - CCM check that "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag*" is already set to True.

anyway i am attaching the dial plan herewith ..please check and advise me

Cheers

Abdul Jaleel

Super Bronze

Hi Abdul

The system is working as designed - basically the normal practice is to restrict the CSS assigned to a gateway so it doesn't have external patterns matched... If it does have a match, then the number isn't 'unassigned'.

Potentially the dial-pattern that the incoming call matches (which currently routes back to the same GW) could be another GW (maybe a remote site CME system, or another H323 compatible system e.g. Avaya ) so if the number matches, it will be routed.

It's up to you to create a CSS that just contains internal partitions, or put in a block pattern to block the ones you don't want to forward. Most people do the first option.

Regards

Aaron

Please take the time to rate helpful posts...

Community Member

Thanks Aaron

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content