Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager 3.3(2) upgrade and opinion

I currently have 2 CCM's 3.1(2c) and would like to upgrade to the latest version 3.3(2). I know it is not a supported upgrade, but from my understanding I would completely have to rebuild the system (unless I upgraded to 3.2(2c) and so forth). Does this involve completely rebuilding the OS as well or just CCM.

We currently only have about 200 users for these 2 Call Managers with a third CM in Europe. We will eventually setup interclustering as well (once we get on the same version). What is your opinion of the release of 3.3(2). Is it more stable than other versions. I don't care so much about the extra features (ext mobility, MOH, etc) as we use very little. Also, any helpful hints for what I plan to do. Much appreciated response!!

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Manager 3.3(2) upgrade and opinion

You can do the upgrade from 3.1.4 to 3.3 so perform that part of the upgrade first. You don't need to be running 3.2.

As for 3.3 itsself, yeah it works really well. it's not just about the features it's the whole thing, it's just better. Extension mobility is way better, the admin pages are laid out much better (though 3.2 did start this). BAT works (hurray!!) and does kick back with some of the stupid errors that it used to.

The locales are a bit suspect though. It's worth making sure that if you want to use anything other than USA then make sure you have them installed first before configuring user/network options.

Paul

Re: Call Manager 3.3(2) upgrade and opinion

Paul, because the upgrade involves upgrading to SQL 2000 from SQL7 & OS upgrades would it make more sense to b/u the existing server and rebuild the server from scratch with SQL 200 and OS updates and then restore the settings. My plan was to buy a couple extra harddrives and pull the existing one and have it rebuild so I could have a b/u. After that I planned on rebuilding the system from scratch. Thanks for your input!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content