Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

call manager 3.3.5 sr1 and mgcp problems

I'm running 3.3.5 sr1 and have just installed four 2811 routers running Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-SPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.3(11)T8, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3). For some reason at all of these sites after a while incoming and outgoing calls start to receive busy signals. No inbound calls work and only one outbound call will work. I have to reset the gateway to fix the issue. PSTN calls come in and out over FXO ports. I had another site that was doing this and I converted it to H323 and they have had no problems since. I have other sites using mgcp on 3640's or 2650's and they have no problms. Does anyone know if there is something specific with these 2800's that would cause this issue? I'd really like to keep them on mgcp rather than switch to h323.

Thanks

Dennis

2 REPLIES

Re: call manager 3.3.5 sr1 and mgcp problems

I had issues with MGCP and FXO ports when we updated a gateway from earlier IOS version to 12.3(11)T8, we backed off 1 release to 12.3(11)T7 and no problems like we had with the T8 release with FXO ports. T8 seems to be ok with PRIs and MGCP however from my experience. So might want to try 12.3(11)T7 or a newer 12.3(14)T or 12.4 release but right now I like the 12.3(11)T7 -- have seen issues with 12.4 and 12.3(14)T and waiting for some bugs to be fixed still. Just my 2 cents.

Re: call manager 3.3.5 sr1 and mgcp problems

Thanks I'll give that a try. I'm running 12.3(11) T8 right now so I'll drop back to T7 and see what happens.

Dennis

Views
Helpful
Replies