Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager & AD Integration - Questions, Feedback, Comments

Hello,

We are looking at integrating Call Manager 4.1 with our current 2003 AD environment. We only have about 100 or so accounts created but we could be up to 3000-5000 or more by the end of our rollout.

I’ve got a few concerns though.

1. I’ve seen a post or two about Cisco discontinuing AD integration support for call manager. Is this true?

2. Some people have experienced slowness. If we point CM towards our Global Catalog server this should reduce searching slowness, can this be done?

3. From what I’ve seen there is no TAC supported way to export data. I did see a post on here that explains how to do it though. Does anyone have any experience with this?

My main concern: Is it a good idea overall? We really don’t want to manage all those accounts multiple times and we have some other integrations that set and read certain fields and populate them other places. Do the department, manager, and phone number fields use the users AD account or the other cisco created account that ties to the existing AD account?

I’m looking for any comments, suggestions, or feedback that anyone can give me.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: Call Manager & AD Integration - Questions, Feedback, Comment

I haven't seen anything about the discontinuation of AD integration support and can't imagine that Cisco would make this move especially considering their recent announcement of increased Microsoft integration. See below.

http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2006/prod_030606c.html

We have Callmanager integrated with AD and I would highly recommend it. It cuts down on duplicate entry and gives a more unified look and feel to the end user since they use the same username and password to log in to the domain, access the CCM user web page, log in to the agent desktop, etc. The department and phone number fields are pulled from AD. In fact, the AD account is the only place that this information is stored. There is no separate CCM account that ties to AD. I have experienced problems with slow access only a couple of times. The problem was cleared up by a reboot. You can certainly use a GC as the LDAP server for CCM.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thank you for the input!

Brandon,

Did you start of integrated or move to it after you had some accounts created?

---------------------------------------------------

Anyone else have any comments?

We migrated to AD after starting off using the DC directory. You may want to take a look at the following post regarding a method to migrate information from DCD to AD. The author of the post, Jason Young, actually performed our migration. The process went very smoothly.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP Communications and Video&topic=General&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@@.1dd6109e/0#selected_message

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I found that post and read through it and found it helpful. It's good to hear everything went well.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------

Still looking for more feedback. I'm trying to build a case for a migration.

Thanks!

HI Brandon,

You mentioned that the issue of slow access was cleared by a reboot - was it reboot of ccm servers or ad? Having issues with slow access to ccm admin and user pages

Thanks

A reboot of CCM solved the problem.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies