Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager and ICM reporting

Hi,

Im trying to understand how the ICM PG for the Call Manager tracks statistics regarding incoming calls, for example, Time to answer call (calls answered in <10sec, 10-20sec, 20-30secs), average call duration, total calls abandoned, total calls accepted.

Can it do all these stats?

My understanding is that once the call setup is done, the RTP stream is via the 2 ends points and the call manager is out of the loop. So how can some of these stats be recorded? Is there a document on CCO that explains the integration and function of the ICM and CAll Manager integration?

Thanks in advance

Johnathan

4 Replies 4

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

platkeet
Level 1
Level 1

Remember that, in IPCC, the ACD agent controls for the IP telephone are handled via a soft phone application on the client desktop, and not via buttons on the hard phone. Since ICM only "knows" agent availability/state via the soft phone's connection to the ICM CTI server, any ACD-call events are reported through that CTI server.

Since the CTI/CG and the PG work hand-in-hand, the ICM system gets it's call tracking information via that avenue. Hope this helps.

agarriso
Level 1
Level 1

Time to Answer call

When the call is sent to the agent, a message is sent to the agent's PG from the router (ICM) that indicates how long the incoming call has spent in the queue. When the agent answers the call, the PG adds in the time that the call spent en route to the PG as well as the time the call rang on the agent's phone. This total time is put into the AnswerWaitTime in the skillgroup table.

Average Call Duration

This is known as Avg Talk Time is in peripheral agent reports. This is the time from the call answer event received from the agent desktop to the call release event that is also received from the agent desktop to the CTIserver to the PG.

Total Calls ABandoned

This statistic can be per skillgroup or per calltype.

Total Calls Accepted

This statistic is called CallsHandled. It can be reported at an agent, skillgroup or call type level.

The stats are reported via the agent desktop to CTI server to the PG via JTAPI protocol. The PG then reports the events to ICM via CSTA protocol. I'm not sure what is out there on CCO. I think my Application Notes for IPCC is out there which does have a section on call flows which might help you understand. I hope this helps. Thanks for your support.

-- Anne Garrison

Hi,

Is there a way to check the agent status (Available, In session, Logged Off....) from the Application editor or from an external application?? Is it a variable that we can read, or a function we can Call...

Thanx