cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager and IP phones

richard_krick
Level 1
Level 1

after the basement remodel i will have a server and computer repair area for my testing. I have a call manager server and a couple of ip phones and would like to setup a phone at each of my families houses. what would i need and how would i set it up.

3 Replies 3

joel
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a CallManager and IP phones..then you just need a switch, preferably Power over Ethernet, if not then you would need to get power cubes for your IP phones.

If your CallManager is installed, you should already have a working phone system for internal use.

To reach the external world and if you want to get your home phone line hooked up to this setup, then you need a voice router, 1720/1760/2801/2811 etc.. with an FXO card.

hope this gives you ideas for a start...

JoeL

richard_krick
Level 1
Level 1

home phone i might try to do. is there a way for me to internet calls thru call manager like i would if using vontage or skype?

there might be a way to do it using SIP but I have not done it and I am just giving you an idea of how to do it with SCCP default and in a secure way

Forget about the router model I was talking about.

You would have to assume that your home where the CCM is as the Main site and pretty much have all othere families as remote sites, you would need to setup VPN between the houses and if you want everyone to dial each other you would need DMVPN(Dynamic Multipoint).

You would need a good router at the main site, depending on how many sites you have you may be able to use just a 2801. For the remote sites, I would think you can use an 871 or 831 router which does VPN and also has a few PoE ports switch.

You would have to create tunnels between each other house.

JoeL