Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager and Siemens Phonemail

Has anyone successfully integrated Cisco Call Manager 4.1 and Siemens Phone Mail?

1 REPLY

Re: Call Manager and Siemens Phonemail

I'm working it right now. But are you trying to use just the PhoneMail voicemail and not the Rolm PBX?

We are migrating from the Rolm platform to the Cisco IPT platform (Unity and CCM) The only way I have found to do this is to use the PIMG device and swing everyone off the PhoneMail system to Unity. Then start swinging Rolm Phones to IP phones. (we are creating a PTP between the CallManager and Rolm PBX)

I don't know the exact specs of the PhoneMail systme, but if it uses Analog ports, you should be able to use a VG248 and plug it in this way. (not sure about this, but test it) basically, if the IP phone rings 4 times, it will roll the hunt group of analog ports on the VG248... this will then ring an analog line off the VG248 to the PhoneMail server. ..(depending if it uses analog) The trick here is how will MWI lights work, do DTMFs come across so PhoneMail "knows" which line was calling to dump the VM to, etc.

Most people are swinging away from Phonemail.. in your case.. you are keeping it.... If I were you, I would invest in a newer VM system, such as Unity.

hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies