Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager and UPS Support

I need help with setting Call Manager up with UPS support. I called TAC and they stated that they do NOT support the compaq utilities for SNMP managability. They said if a problem was to occur, they would ask me to remove them before they begin troubleshooting. What have other people been doing for this? Are you using the standard win2k UPS stuff? I'm at a loss and I can't believe that there is no documented standard config. PLEASE HELP!

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Manager and UPS Support

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If all you want is to connect the MCS server's power supplies to a UPS, and use serial so that if the power source cuts out, that the UPS can gracefully shutdown the server, I don't see what the problem is. The support for that is built into the OS.

Yes, it is built into the OS...but have you ever set it up before?

I am trying to connect a compaq UPS to a 7825 (obviously using COM1). I've tried the built-in UPS OS utility but it does not recognize the UPS(comes up as a ? in device mgr). It seems to be a driver issue to me. I end up using the standard BIOS(something).inf file.

I'm looking more for a document that describes the cisco approved configuration in win2k for call manager UPS support. I can sit here all day and fiddle with it until it works, wondering if I'm damaging my Call Manager , or preferrably, I can read a document that instructs me how to set it up properly. I would think that if Call Manger is going to compete with PBX vendors, that Cisco will need an approved, standard way of setting this up. Just my 2cents.

Cisco Employee

I know of no such document as of yet. But I will certainly pass on your comments, as I agree with them.

I have plugged in an APC UPS (like the kind you can buy at your local electronics store) with a serial cable into the Win2k Server, and told it in the Power Options Control Panel that it was there. Then after it was charged I unplugged the UPS from the wall and it worked as I had configured it to operate.

Views
Helpful
Replies