Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager as a Gateway

ng.saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have configured my callmanager as a gateway. But it is not registered with the callmanager. Status is always unknown. Could any of you please help me to resolve this problem. For your information, there is no cluster setup. I have only one callmanager.

I have configured a route plan with the route pattern 6XXX. There is no directory number configured with the starting digit 6. I expect to use the route plan whenever I dial 6XXX. But it not at all use the route pattern and route list configured over here. What could be the problem. Please help me to resolve this problem also.

Regards,

Saravanan.

6 Replies 6

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

For the gateways, if it is H323 it will always show as "unknown" and MGCP will need to look at the endpoints so make sure the endpoints are registered.

Simpson,

Thanks for your information.

Could you please tell me how do we check whether the MGCP is doing its work properly or not. Can we get all those information from the log file?

Regards,

N.G.Saravanan

Saravanan,

Yes, all the MGCP details can be found in great detail on the CCM logs.

Check out this link for PRI call through MGCP !!!

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/mgcp_pri_cm.html

Ranjani

Ranjani,

Thanks for your kind help. I have tried to open that link, but it says that i am not authenticated to open that page. Could you please send me some other option to get into that page.

Thanks

Regards,

N.G.Saravanan

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

After reading your post, I'm confused on what you are trying to do. You say you have one CallManager, if that is the case, why set it up as a gateway? If you are trying to setup an inter-cluster trunk to another CallManager server, it uses H.323. With that, I think it will show up as unknown. If this is the case and you are having trouble making calls between two CallManagers, please see the link below, if not, please re-describe your issue.

Thanks,

Rick

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/ts_ccm_301_sec6.htm

Rick,

Can we configure CCM as a gateway/gatekeeper in a thirdparty call control system like CCM. If yes, will CallManager work as it has been configured?

Warm Regards,

N.G.Saravanan