cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager attendant console not working

damrut5763
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup Call Attendant Console for our receptionist however I am getting "Initialization of Call Control Failed". Please help! P.S. I have two receptionist one is working the other is failing.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Damon,

Q. Why do users receive the "Initialization of Call Control Failed. Retrying..." error message when they logon to Cisco CallManager Attendant Console?

A. The probable causes are:

No 'ac' user exists.

There is an ac user password mismatch.

The Call Park Retrieval Allowed check box is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

Enable CTI Application is not checked in the Cisco CallManager Administration.

The pilot point and/or the controlled phones are not in the controlled device list of the ac user.

A. If no ac user exits, you must configure one user named ac in Cisco CallManager Administration and associate the attendant phones and the pilot points with the user. If you do not configure this user, the Attendant Console cannot interact with CTIManager, and the attendant cannot receive calls.

Select User > Add a New User from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

Enter ac or another name that you can remember in the First Name and Last Name fields.

Enter ac in the User ID field.

Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

Enter a PIN and telephone number.

Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the Attendant Console to interact with CTIManager.

Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

Click Insert.

Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

A. Check for these parameters if the ac user already exists.

Note: Make sure that the ac user is same as the one configured on the Global Directory.

Select User > Global Directory from Cisco CallManager Administration. The User Information window displays.

Enter ac and click Search in the User Search field.

Click the ac user name from the resulting list of matching names.

Enter 12345 in the User Password field.

Enter 12345 in the Confirm Password field.

Enter a PIN and telephone number.

Check Enable CTI Application Use. You must check this box for the attendant console to interact with CTIManager.

Check Call Park Retrieval Allowed.

Click Update.

Make sure that you associate the devices with the ac user.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#q25

Hope this helps!

Rob

I have deleted the account several times and added it back to no avail. What is the pilot point?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: