cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Caller ID Name format

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does any one know what the format that the telco has to send caller ID name info in for CM to recognize it? We are getting number fine but I was told that CM only accepts caller ID name from the telco using a format that most telcos don't use yet. I'm trying to see if the telco can start sending the other way. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

3 Replies 3

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most Telco's send the "Name" and "Number" Info in an ISDN "Facility IE" Field. The Cisco Call Manager Product looks for the Number in the "Facility IE" field and the Name in the "Display IE" Field.

I have yet to get a *good* answer out of the TAC as of why they haven't incorporated this functionality yet, espicially since I can decode the name out of the isdn debugs coming in on the gateways with no problem, Either the Code isn't written for it in CCM, or they haven't figured out how to make it work right.

Dave Goodwin? Care to give your insight on this with what is really going on with this functionality as I'm sure there are lots of people with this same problem and 95% of the LEC/CLEC's out there can't or won't set their delivery of the CLID Name info into the Display IE.

Hope this helps in your question. I've been patiently waiting for some fix/new feature from cisco to make this work for several of our customers for a couple years now... Nothing as of yet that I know of.

Thanks for the reply Josef. I would be most interested in hearing why this isn't available in CM with the vast majority of telcos sending it this way.

We filed an enhancement request long time back.

Keep checking the enhancement request CSCdt95817 on CCO.

Thanks,

Deeps