Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager Cluster over WAN

Has anyone implemented a centralized architecture in a dispersed environment, i.e. over a Trans-Atlantic DS3. I know Cisco has a minimum requirement of a 10MB link for connections between Call Manager's in a single cluster. Any known issues, or problems with implementing a single cluster over seas? I would think if properly implemented with Call Manager groups, Calling Search Spaces, and partitions, this could be done. If anyone has any experience with this, I would appreciate any comments, suggestions.

1 REPLY

Re: Call Manager Cluster over WAN

I think Cisco has reduced the minium bandwidth requirement to ~ 900Kbps per 10,000 BHCA for the Intracluster protocols (900k min). Additional bandwidth is required for the SQL replication. The sugested total minimum bandwidth is ~ 1.544 Mbps.

Your greatest concern is going to be the maxiumum round trip time specified of 40ms (or 20ms one way). This may be a problem given the distance you are trying to run this over.

Cisco have a good internal application note describing the requirements and caveats that is worth a read.

Hope this helps

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies