Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Manager cuts digits!!

Hi,

I work with CCM 4.1(3). In my number plan i use extensions with 6 digits and all have te same format, XX9XXX. When a user fails dial a number and dial XX9XXX CCM match with another route patter with this form 3XXX. Call manager way to match with a dial number is:

1st. search in own database extension (here my problem)

2nd. if don`t match with a extension in its own database search like rout pattern.

Thanks to all.

picledo

4 REPLIES

Re: Call Manager cuts digits!!

Oscar,

CallManager has no concept of it's own database extension vs. external extension when doing route matching. It relys on closest match routing with CSS partition preferencing. I would need to know the exact scenario to diagnose why the 3xxx pattern is being selected (DNIS info, CSS layout, Patterns partition, etc.). CCM comes with a good add-on utility, Dialed Number Analyzer. I would recommended using this to determine why the incorrect pattern is being selected.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Hi, thanks for reply.

Extensions have the format 309XXX, for example, and a user dials 306XXX CCM don?t find a extension with this pattern and try with its route pattern, then match with 3XXX and discard last 2 digits. I`ve tried with # character in route pattern but i`ve failed.

Thnkas

The issue sounds like your CSS configuration. Make sure that the CSS your using has the partition that contains the 309xxx numbers in it. More than likely you don't have this so the closest match is the 3xxx pattern.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Hi,

extensions with pattern 309XXX haver standar partition PINT and in all my CSS partition PINT is on the top.

Thanks

Oscar

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content