cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager DDI and translation pattern

simon.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 router with isdn connectivity. DDI numbers allocated are similar to 455xxx where xxx is 100 to 299

I need the call manager to allow these calls to go to device numbers in the format of 8xxx where the xxx relates to the ddi number.

Is there a good document that details inbound translation that would assist me with this task.

Regards

Simon

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link on translation patterns. Basically, you would create a translation pattern of 455XXX and make the Called Party Transform Mask 8XXX. Also, Make sure that the translation pattern has a valid partition and calling search space.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed690.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon

Thanks a lot for the reply. This is what I have done to date. what is the relationship between the xxx in the 455xxx and the xxx in the 8xxx ?

Simon

Perhaps I could add a little more if that is ok. I have checked via debug isdn that the requested number is presented on the gateway. Is there a way of checking that this is passed to the call manager?

Regards

Simon

You could look at a trace on CCM. What happens when you call the number? Fast busy?

Brandon

Simon,

If you have a called number of 455123, it will be translated to 8123.

Brandon

As Brandon said make sure that the GWs Calling Search Space has access to the TPs partition, and number of significant digits is set correcttly to 6 or ALL. Also make sure that the TPs CSS has access to the phone's partition.

Chris

thanks for the feedback. Greatly appreciated. I still do not appear to have this working. More specfic details

isdn presents inbound call as 874007. I have a directory number of 4007 I have entered a translation pattern of 874xxx along with a mask of 4xxx

isdn q931 reports still

SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0059

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Channel ID i = 0xA18381

Progress Ind i = 0x8483 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '874007'

RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8059

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

Please post CCM trace log for this call. Have you verified the CSS/Paritions as suggested?

Also, try assigning 874007 as the phone DN to elimiate the translation step.

Another question is do you use MGCP or H.323 on your GW? If H.323 make sure you have a matching dial-peer.

Chris

tomchan
Level 1
Level 1

If you config your inbound translation in 2811, you can also test and debug the translation rule with IOS commands.

Router# test translation-rule name-tag input-number

Router# show translation-rule [name-tag]

Router# debug translation min

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094681.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml