Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call manager device rehoming issue

Hi Frenz,

I am getting a error on the ccm (4.1(2)).there are continuous error on the ccm event viewer. The error says that a device is trying to register with the ccm1 and its rehoming to another ccm in the middle of registration .and on ccm2 also I get the same error .so I understand that the device is not registering with either ccms and its trying to rehome and the event logs is getting full coz its sends 5 to 6 errors in every second.

Again the device name I see is MTP0011BB085AA0 and the device ip address I see is my voice gateway IP . I am unable to identify this device.

The reason codes of the event are coming as either 3 or 6 and the device type 111 and 255 respectively.

I would appreciate a prompt advice on this issue as my ccm is getting stuck once the event log is full. Right now I am manually clearing all the events.

Please advice

Regards,

Jaleel

8 REPLIES

Re: Call manager device rehoming issue

Jaleel,

Go to Service -> Media Resource - > Media Termination Point and see if you Search/Find an enhanced Media Termination point (IOS based) added under this. You may be able to locate the above MTP here. If yes you may delete it (but make sure this resource is also not being used in a Media Resource Group / List / Device pool).

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for the prompted reply .. i am not using any IOS MTP devices .how ever to make sure i have checked the media termination ponits and i can see only my ccms and dedicated moh server as media termination ponits.

i really cant figure out which device it is and y its not registering..

please advice .

Cheers

Jaleel

Super Bronze

Hi

Registration is initiated from the end device, not the CallManager - so if your gateway is trying to register as an MTP there must be some config on it that is telling it to register....

Can you post the config of your router? Or post the output of 'show sccp'?

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hi Aaron

please find the config

VOIR0126512#sh sccp

SCCP Admin State: UP

Gateway IP Address: 10.1.2.11

Switchover Method: IMMEDIATE, Switchback Method: GUARD_TIMER

Switchback Guard Timer: 1200 sec, IP Precedence: 5

Max Supported MTP sessions: 0

User Masked Codec list: None

Transcoding Oper State: DOWN - Cause Code: NOT_REGIS_WITH_CCM

Active Call Manager: 10.100.1.12, Port Number: 2000

TCP Link Status: CONNECTED

Conferencing Oper State: DOWN - Cause Code: DSPFARM_DOWN

Active Call Manager: NONE

TCP Link Status: NOT_CONNECTED

Call Manager: 10.100.1.11, Port Number: 2000

Priority: 1, Version: 3.1 or Higher

Call Manager: 10.100.1.12, Port Number: 2000

Priority: 2, Version: 3.1 or Higher

now i understand that this sccp is initiating a connection towards the ccm and its not registering ..

and i have the following config on the gateway

sccp local FastEthernet0/0.5

sccp

sccp ccm 10.100.1.11 priority 1

sccp ccm 10.100.1.12 priority 2

is this config really required there or can i remove this ..

Please advice

Cheers

Jaleel

MTP can also be xcoders. But, if you are not doing trascoding on your voice gateway, then you do not need any sccp configuration.

Super Bronze

Hi Jaleel

Looking at the output you've posted, no services are registering successfully.

It looks like someone may have configured the GW for transcoding (is there a command like transcoder maximum-sessions in there as well somewhere?).

It may be that someone has deleted the transcoder from CallManager (hence the not_regis_with_ccm message on your show sccp output).

Really you need to find out whether a transcoder is required (and which MRG/MRGLs it should be in if it is needed), or just type in 'no sccp' on the gateway to stop the errors.

Regards

Aaron

please rate helpful posts

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the the information and your advice now i have disabled the sccp on the gateway and everything seems to be ok.

Thanking you again for the prompt help ..

Cheers

Abdul Jaleel

Super Bronze

Good to hear...

Please take the time to rate posts you find useful.

Aaron

Views
Helpful
Replies