cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Call Manager dial plan problem

Hi All ,

We are a service provider with AS5350 GW. Our customer has Call Manager and will use us for PSTN connectivity. They have a dedicated PRI on our gateway. To route calls from their CCM to their PRI , i have instructed them to add a prefix of 3* to the called number , and this works fine - the gateway strips off the prefix before sending the called party number to the PSTN. The problem is when calling other numbers that are connected to the call manager (IP phone to IP phone - not PSTN calls), the caller ID shows the prefix of 3* then the number. I´m sure it must be a configuration problem in the CCM - does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ?

Many thanks for any ideas that could help.

Jerry

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Call Manager dial plan problem

This is because IOS hunts through the list of dial peers from the top down. You will most likely have a POTS dial peer something like this -

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 3*

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0:23

!

When a call in (POTS to AS5350) IOS will hunt through the dial peers to find one that has a reference to the port the call is comin in on. It finds the configured dial peer, and since DID is enabled, the call proceeds.

However, if the incoming call does not have a Calling number (ANI) , IOS will use the last Called number that matched on the dial peer as the calling number for the call setup that goes to the Call Manager. The way to fix it is create a 'dummy' dial peer that enables DID , then have another one to allow for outwards (GW to POTS calls).

You need to make sure the dummy dial peer is the first in the list (may have to delete the other dial peers then re add them afterwards) .

Have something like this :

dial-peer voice 1 pots

description - enable inwards DID calls

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 3*

!

Dial peer 1 will enable DID as it is the first dial peer matched on , and if the call comes in without an ANI there is no destination pattern , so IOS won't use any previous calls that were made out on this dialpeer as the calling number - outwards call are handled by dialpeer 2.

Do this for every PRI configured, just make sure the 'dummy' dial peer is the first one that has the reference to the physical port.

What you should see now if a call comes in without an ANI is 'call from external call' on the phone display.

Community Member

Re: Call Manager dial plan problem

Thanks pacameron thats very interesting, I will look into this and post my results.

Jerry

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content