Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager error in event log

Hi

I have all 2 seconds the following error on my Call Manager.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 16.01.2004

Time: 10:30:59

User: N/A

Computer: ZURZUCCM01

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Cisco CallManager ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2000

Device name [Optional].: VGC0ab73c0a0348

Device IP address.: 10.213.192.10

Device type. [Optional]: 10

Reason Code [Optional].: 1

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: 10.213.192.11

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

The VGC0ab73c0a0348 is an VG248 Analog Gateway.

What's the reason of this error?

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Manager error in event log

I am not sure about the "(Cisco CallManager) cannot be found" portion of the error. But I had a problem with a high number of Transient connection attempts being made from my VG248. There was a port enabled on the VG248 but not configured in CallManager (nothing connected to the port). This caused the constant error message. I disabled the port on the VG248 and the error stopped. Check port 48 on your VG248 and CallManager to make sure they are configured correctly.

VGC0ab73c0a03(48)= Port 48

Re: Call Manager error in event log

Hi,

You can also try this. Go to

EventID.net

and copy the descripcion.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content