Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call manager express at multiple locations

Folks,

I was talking to cisco presales and they told me that cisco call manager express at multiple locations talking to each other over WAN is not supported by cisco, but, it is known to work.

I have a few customers who have multiple sites and would like to use call manager express. Should they need call manager express at every site or one site (central site) would be good enough and the phones at remote sites can register with ccm express at the central site?

Any advice would be appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Call manager express at multiple locations

The main reason why CME is not supported across WAN links is the lack of G.729 support. Which is a very big deal if you have slow speed (less than one T1) frame links or something.

Why do they need CME at each location? Could they have a small Call Manager (MCS-7825H) cluster and run SRST on the individual locations in the case of a WAN failure. THat would give the customer more features and more flexabilty at the locations.

Views
Helpful
Replies