cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Failover

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I set up Unity 3 with TSP 3.0.2 connecting to two CM's (3.1). During the seup of the TSP I specified both the primary CM and the backup CM's IPs. During failure testing of the primary CM, everything else works great, but I can not get voicemail. I get a busy. Did I miss a step? Is there a good way to troubleshoot this?<br><br>TriplePost<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Sounds like you brought down the primary CCM and wanted the TSP to failover to the secondary CCM, but when you called, Unity did not answer? If that is correct, check the event log on Unity. There should be messages written when the TSP connects to the secondary CCM server.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

The log shows that the TSP disconnects from the primary, then connects to the backup. The problem is that it will not stay connected. It cycles between connected and disconnected until the primary is brought up. Any thoughts?

You could try rebooting Unity while the primary is down.
If you run the TSP test when the pri is down it'll probably fail (and my guess is you'll get AvCsMgr terminated unexpectedly errors in the event log).

You could also try manually making the 2ndary CCM the primary in the TSP (and probably rebooting for the heck of it).

I don't think this is quite a seamless failover when a CCM goes down. Chances are you'll have to change the TSP.

Please advise if anyone has had any other experiences of this.

Ta.

Not applicable

TSP 3.0.3 fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.

Not applicable

Just for kicks, try unchecking the "automatically reconnect to the Primary CCM on failover" and try your test again.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: