cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager & Faxing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

What are the options for fax integration with the Cisco Call Manager? I have a CM 3.07 with Unity 2.4.6 and a separate Unity fax box. I have a CPi/400 PCI board in the Unity fax box. What Cisco equipment is necessary to have DID calls routed to that card or what Cisco equipment is needed for analog dtmf calls to go to that card? I know on the NEC you had to have loop back tie lines to have analog integration or DID lines from the local carrier. I also know that there is no skinny integration on the Call Manager for faxing. What are my options for the Call Manager? Thanks in advance. <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Maybe someone more familiar with the CM/router equipment can answer here, but in general I'd have to say DID from the CO is always going to be your best bet for inbound fax routing. We've had lots of fiddling/timing issues with having various PBXes forward us the DID info via DTMF (the NEC is a perfect example of that)... you can never go wrong with straight DID.

Of course your CPI card isn't going to handle that... you'll need a CPD220 or, since you're running fax off the Unity server, you can also use any number of Brooktrout DID capable fax cards.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)