Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call manager high availability

What is the difference between the callmanager high availability software and server hardware? Can you install the software on any server? Can you buy the high availability hardware without the software?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,

Ohamien

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Call manager high availability

High availability can be built into Callmanager design using

** multiple servers in a cluster

** using servers that have redundant RAID controllers/hard drivers

** using servers with redundant power supplies

** high availability built into the network (Core, distribution, access)

HTH

That's what I thought but the original poster made it sound as if there were specific high availability packages available, including software. I wanted to make sure that something new hadn't come out in that regard without me knowing about it. :-)

One of the issues I have with Cisco IPT is the lack of true high availability, and by that I mean redundant Publishers.

6 REPLIES
Green

Can you install the software on any server? Can you buy the high availability hardware without the software?

NO, you cannot install the CCM software in any machine, MUST be Cisco Supported platform (Technically you can do it but you are breaking the license agreement)

What "high availability" hardware and software are you talking about?

High availability can be built into Callmanager design using

** multiple servers in a cluster

** using servers that have redundant RAID controllers/hard drivers

** using servers with redundant power supplies

** high availability built into the network (Core, distribution, access)

HTH

That is what I know high availability to be, but I was told that the H1 in CM4.1-K9-7825-H1 also stood for high availability. I was just making sure that there is no difference between CM4.1-K9-7825= and CM4.1-K9-7825-H1

H stands for HP.

I stands for IBM

Cisco OEM's HP and IBM servers

MCS-7825-H1-IPC1 - HP version

MCS-7825-I1-IPC1 - IBM version.

Depending upon the type of server you buy, you need to get Callmanager software thats bundled specifically for HP or IBM. The CM software is the same, but Hardware detection CDs are different for either servers.

CM4.1-K9-7825-H1 is for HP server and CM4.1-K9-7825-I1 is for IBM Server.

Those alphabets has nothing to do with HA.

Also, difference between CM4.1-K9-7825 and CM4.1-K9-7825-H1 is that hardware detction cd's are different in either bundles. These two bundles are for two different HP servers.

HTH

PS: Please remember to rate helpful posts!

That's what I thought but the original poster made it sound as if there were specific high availability packages available, including software. I wanted to make sure that something new hadn't come out in that regard without me knowing about it. :-)

One of the issues I have with Cisco IPT is the lack of true high availability, and by that I mean redundant Publishers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content