Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager monitoring with MRTG

I am putting together some management tools for a customer and they want to use MRTG as part of their monitoring and trending tools (they use it already for routers and switches). I am trying to get a handle on the required mib variables to monitor and have run into a problem. When I run a anmpwalk applicaiton to get all the information on a first pass, the Call Manager running 3.2.2c will not respond. But if I run the same software program directly on the server, it works fine. My concern is that mrtg will run into the same problem retrieving information that snmpwalk does. I have checked and snmp is setup correctly and I have the correct community strings and I can ping the server from my workstation.

Any thoughts as to why the Call Manager is not responding? My test CM is not very busy.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Call Manager monitoring with MRTG

The following link discusses about how to configure a SNMP agent for Cisco call manager.

You can check the procedure and also look for

Update the CISCO-CCM-MIB Information

Update the CISCO-CDP-MIB Information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/service/ccm_serv/ccmsrv/ssnmp.htm#1017936

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content