cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager on Linux

knowlerp
Level 1
Level 1

I heard recently that ccm 5 is running on Linux.

Does anyone know what version and what this means if you upgrade from say, 4.1 to 5.

Is this also going to be the case for unity at some time

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I dont think there is an upgrade path from 4.1 to 5 as both runs different OS's (4.x runs Windows while 5.x runs Linux). 4.x development will continue as I also dont think Cisco will discontinue Windows versions so soon, as there is a wider deployment base. I have heard rumours that CM 5.x will be out some time this quarter. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

HTH

PS: please rate helpful posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

dr3297
Level 1
Level 1

Rumors are as follows.

It is not exactly Linux. Or at least you will not be given full access to the root. think appliance. like the IDS boxes.

Unity will probably remain on windows. Look at how much you have to integrate into microsoft for Unified messaging to begin with. they will probably not be pulling away from that too easily. granted these are all rumors.

hopefully the Callmanger and Unity Business Units will release something soon to quiet the random theories. Such as mine.

SCOTT VOLL
Level 1
Level 1

my guess is that will need to sign a NDA and talk to your account team to confirm or deny this and any information that they may or may not have..

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

I had a very interesting experience with two new cisco products recently. MeetingPlace Express and MobilityManager. Both of them are already running on Linux. They were very easy to install and you only get web access to configure them, which is probably a good idea for beginners, but I felt like I lost all tools for advanced troubleshooting, configuration and monitoring...

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

When we spoke to our regional account rep, we were told that Callmanager 5 will be available in two versions: Linux and Windows. Windows version probably will be available as an "upgrade", but to get linux version you should get your system fully reinstalled. Probably you will have some kind of "migration tool", which will make your data backup/export, and then you will be to import all your data.

Michael

http://www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

just found this on google, looks legit and it seems to confirm michael's post

http://www.conet.de/C1256F5100333AA6/vwContentByName/SCS-Veranstaltungen/$File/Cisco%20Marktupdate_210905.pdf