Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call manager redundancy

Folks,

We have 2 buildinging connected via Fiber connection. We are planning to deplay callmanager (pub and sub) at both sites for redundancy purposes. My questions is as follows:

1) If the connection between the 2 building goes down, some phones will register with the pub and some phones will register with the sub. Will i be able to 4 digit dial if i have PRI at both locations?

2) Voicemail is at 1 location. How will the subscriber automatically dialout of the PRI when the fiber connection goes down to reach voicemail when it detects that the voicemail pilot is down?

I will surely rate this post.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Call manager redundancy

Hi,

4 digit dial will not work in this situation. The calls will fail trying to go to voicemail. The problem is that any phone registered to CCM trying to do a 4 digit dial to a phone that is not registered to CCM will CFNA to whatever you have setup, most likely VM. Finally, the 4 digit dial out the PRI may just hairpin back in from the telco (depending on which range for which PRI is used).

Best solution maybe to run 2 fibers.

Thanks

what about call forward on no coverage feature?

From callmanager help:

Call Forward No Coverage

This field applies only to CTI route points and CTI ports. The settings in this row specify the forwarding treatment for internal calls to this CTI route point or CTI port if the CTI route point or CTI port has no coverage.

Now why this configuration is on IP phones, I am not sure. I will have to ask about this. I still believe that it will CFNA when dialed. Also, don't forget about calls going out 1 pri may come back in the same pri and 10 digit dialing may still have a problem.

Thanks

Still looking for an answer to the no coverage answer, but it appears there will be a call forward unregistered configuration in CCM 4.2 that will help with this... but dont ask me for a release date :)

Thx

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content