Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager's Gatekeeper configuration

aliao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am configuring the call manager to register to a LD service provider's gatekeeper. They also given us a H323-ID to use.

However, inside gatekeeper configuration page, I can not see a field for H323-ID.

Please help me..... thanks...

4 Replies 4

bwalchez
Level 4
Level 4

I think you're right. Looking through the documentation, I see no where to specify this in Call Manager. I think this is just specified on the gatekeeper.

Hi,

So my LD provider requires this setting, which I believe is for security reason. Is there anything I can suggest him doing? Maybe using technology prefix?

How about if any field in gatekeeper configuration actually equals H323ID?

Any kind of comment is much appreciated! Thanks in advance....

alberto.cruz
Level 1
Level 1

The CCM doesn't support H323-ID parameter. It registers with a GK using its IP address as H323-ID. If your LD service provider doesn't want to provide the service because security concerns you should to deploy a MCM devices using a 3600 or 2600 router with the right IOS version and do the following:

1. Configure the 3600/2600 as a GK for you local zone.

2. Configure the outbound interface to the Internet with proxy h323

3. Configure the proxy Id with the H323-ID provided by your LD service provider's

4. Register the proxy with your LD service provider's

5. Configure the zone prefix provided by your LD service provider's

6. Configure your CCM to register with your local GK

7. Configure the appropiate route pattern in your CCM routed to your local GK

I hope this could help you.

alberto.cruz
Level 1
Level 1

The CCM doesn't support H323-ID parameter. It registers with a GK using its IP address as H323-ID. If your LD service provider doesn't want to provide the service because security concerns you should to deploy a MCM devices using a 3600 or 2600 router with the right IOS version and do the following:

1. Configure the 3600/2600 as a GK for you local zone.

2. Configure the outbound interface to the Internet with proxy h323

3. Configure the proxy Id with the H323-ID provided by your LD service provider's

4. Register the proxy with your LD service provider's

5. Configure the zone prefix provided by your LD service provider's

6. Configure your CCM to register with your local GK

7. Configure the appropiate route pattern in your CCM routed to your local GK

I hope this could help you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: