Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Manager Subscribe over Crossover cable

A curiosity I found today. I built up a CM-Pub in-house and was installing the CM-Sub. I didn't have a switch handy, so I used a crossover cable between them. The computers were able to communicate just fine.

However, the sub could NOT subscribe itself to the pub. It would being the install, I would feed it the pub name, and all of the passwords, and then when the windows comes up that has a progress bar (can't think of the window title at the moment), it gets to the end of the bar and hangs indefinitely. I start the CCM software install and left it over night last night and it still had not continued. I tried twice this morning and it hung at the same spot. I finally got a switch, and tried again... everything worked fine. Has anyone else seen this? Can someone from Cisco say whether this is a known issue or not?

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Manager Subscribe over Crossover cable

CallManagers are tricky servers. What you describe would work at a standard W2K server. My guess is how the Publisher find the Subscriber does not work with a crossover cable.

Re: Call Manager Subscribe over Crossover cable

While I understand that CMs are finicky little buggers sometimes, I still don't see what the difference is, from a logical networking perspective, of a crossover vs. a switch... since a switch is, in essence, just a crossover at every port. Odd...

Views
Helpful
Replies