cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager talking to a H323 Client (Netmeeting) through a Gatekeeper

m-menozzi
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if somebody has already activated a similar situation; I think yes so I would ask what could cause the problem of a h323 client which is not able to talk with an IP phone. Both CCM and the H323 client are correctly registered on the Gatekeeper but it seems that CCM doesn' recognize something. What am I forgetting ?

Thank and regards

Marco

5 Replies 5

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Take a look at your codec you are using on your netmeeting client......what kind of IP phone are you calling?

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the gatekeeper configuration in CallManager, did you check the box to allow anonymous calls? That would be a requirement if you did not define the NetMeeting client as an H.323 Phone in CallManager.

Also check the codec as was suggested. Also, if you are using Partitions and Calling Search Spaces, check the Calling Search Space setting for the gatekeeper in the CCM Admin and make sure that it has the correct permission to call the desired IP phone.

I have already checked this box and I tried the g711 alaw codec to be sure that it's the same on the CCM side.

I'm not using Calling Search Space.

Thanks for the feedback however.

Marco

correct me if I`m wrong:

IP Phone can talk to Netmeeting but Netmeeting couldn`t place a call to IP Phone is it correct?

Petr

Strange to say but I solved this issue upgrading the gatekeeper software to 12.1(5)XM.

Hoping that this could help somebody else.

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: