cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager, Unity, Call Pilot, and Nortel PBX MWI issue...

jwkimmel
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve run into a little problem and need some help.

Right now our current environment is as follows:

Nortel PBX, Call Pilot Voice Mail

Cisco Call Manger, Unity Voice Mail.

We were going to try to use VPIM to get messages transparently from one voicemail system to the other but are having some problems getting back from Call Pilot. We thought that we could leave all our Clients (~1000) on Call Pilot including the few that we give VoIP phones to initially. The problem is, Call Pilot can’t light the light on the 7940’s we are using. Working with our Nortel vendor, they told us the only way to do this would be to enable QSIG on our PBX. This looks to be expensive and we rather not go down that route. (Every time we talk about it, they keep saying we’ll have to upgrade our PBX or pay lots $$$$.)

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to get Call Pilot trigger MWI on call manager without integrating it with Call Manger. ( I was told that Call Pilot can only be integrated on one switch at a time.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Your only option is going to be to integrate your Nortel PBX to CallManager via QSIG if you want to light the MWI of the Cisco IP Phones.

andy dignan - berbee

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

We have this scenario working.

You can use QSIG on the trunk that connects to the PBX. I will be implementing that soon. Or there is a 3rd party tool that works. We got the product through Checkmate. The product is now called Abridge and is supported by a company in California. It runs on seperate hardware.

Thanks for the information. We found other reasons that we have to upgrade our PBX. We really didn't want to put the money into it, but it looks like we have no choice.

Thanks!

Is it possible has PBX user and CMM user to use Unity, instead of two separate voice mail system??

If you pay a lot of $$$$ to upgrade QSIG... why dont spend money for subscriber lisence. You need to spend anyway if you are cuting over Notrel to CCM in the future.

Just my thought... you might have own idea.

Ken

Yes, Unity is a standalone system and can be used with either legacy PBX or CCM.

We had already upgraded to Call Pilot from Meridian Mail so we had to keep Call Pilot.

We have the PBX upgraded and almost everything is working great execpt for 2 things.

1. When pushing the mail button, it prompts the client for their mailbox. (They used to be able to push # and it would insert it, that doesn't work either.) We would like it to send the mailbox number but something is getting lost somewhere.

2. When I leave a message on to a VoIP phone it plays their external greeting and tells them the call is from 91XXXX (XXXX being my extension.) We would like to get this fixed as well.

From what I can tell we have everything setup properly. As a review, we have 2 QSIG T1's between the two systems CCM & Nortel PBX. Calls work fine, MWI works fine, it's just the 2 problems above.