Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call manager/ unity integration

Installed unity 2.46 in its own domain.(used admin account for domain to install unity).<br>Call manager installed on a workgroup server. (do I need to set rights on unity for call amnager?).<br>Cannot get calls to transfer to unity messaging system.<br>Have setup call manager in telephone tapi on unity system and tests ok.<br>Have added ports on call manager with extensions for MWI's off/on as per Integration guide.<br>When I call the extension I've set up in call manager as a uone port it comes back as busy - I thought it would prompt me for a message?<br>How does the call manager know about the unity box ?<br>What should the service account in the unity domain look like(as default).?<br>thanks<br><br>JeffS <br><br><br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: call manager/ unity integration

You won't need to set up any NT rights on the Call Manager for Unity. The only setup that you need is the creation of the uOne ports. When Unity starts up, it will register to those uOne ports and that is how the CallManager will know about Unity.

For that registration to happen, the name of the uOne ports (they might be something like CiscoUM1-VI1, CiscoUM1-VI2, etc...) will have to be the same in CallManager and in Unity's TSP.

Also, make sure that the uOne ports for Unity are in the same Calling Search Space as the phone that is trying to call it. The Calling Search Space is set on the CallManager.

Aside from that, we might have to look at some traces in CallManager or Unity to see what is going on. Are there any errors in the application event log on Unity?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

have checked uone ports in call manager and in Tapi service in Unity. Both are identical. Connectivity test in Unity tests ok. have checked mwi on and off ports on call manager by dialling the extension both test ok. When I dial an extension after a few rings it transfers to a busy tone. if I dial the directory number I also get busy tone - would expect to be prompted to leave a message.

thanks

JeffS

Anonymous
N/A

Did you check to make sure that the uOne ports for Unity are in the same calling search space as the IP phone extension from which you are calling?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Steve,

yes, all are in the the same default calling search space.

Anonymous
N/A

Steve,

got it working. I had'nt setup the switch correctly in switch config, the one I set up was for dual switch integration . Once I setup the correct 'switch' field I recreated the uone ports and it all works fine.
thanks for your help.

Jeff

Anonymous
N/A

Forgot to add that there was nothing in event viewer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content