Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Call Manager upgrade considerations

Hey,

have a pub and a sub ccm running 4.0. customer requires upgrade to 4.2. we also need to change the dial-plan from 4 digit to five.

another engineer has recommended blowing away the entire ccm and installing with 4.2 because upgrades always have some type of issue. I have never upgraded before so i just wanted to get some opinions. which is the safer, realistic feasible route. is the upgrade to 4.2 that unstable that i have to redo everything?.

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Manager upgrade considerations

I really don't think that blowing away the entire ccm is the way to go, normally the upgrades are transparent, just follow the procedure in the installation guide and you should be fine. Always remember to have a backup of your system just in case.

HTH

//Jorge

Bronze

Re: Call Manager upgrade considerations

My thinking as well, think that soultion was terribly drastic. also, remember im changing my phone extensions from 4 digit, to 5. therefore, i need to do this in call manager as well as in unity. i can use the bulk edit tool for unity but what can i use for the ccm?

Views
Helpful
Replies