Views
Helpful
Replies

Call manager Upgrade from 3.x to 4.x

softnetcorp
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i am going to upgrade an existing call Manager 3.x with Unity System Installed to call manager 4.x in order to recognize the Cisco VT advantage . so my question is : could i keep the existing configuration without change after Upgrade ? if Yes what shall i do before and after upgrade to keep the same configuration ? will the Cisco Unity Interface with CallManager 3.x be changed when i do the Upgrade to 4.x?

last question , do you have Doc or URL that help configuring the Cisco Voice Gateway 3745( with E1 Interface ) to an Ericsson PABX through Ericsson MD110 E1 Card ?

Thanks for Your Help

Khaled

1 Reply 1

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

I recently upgraded from 3.3(4)sr2 to 4.x with unity on a separate server. Are you running CM and Unity on different servers? I made sure of the following before upgrading:

- Latest SR and OS kits

- Latest version of BARS installed with backups performed and kept a couple backups of previous version

- If you have the hardware create a test lab and restore your backups just to test and also test the upgrade.

- If possible create a disk image using something like ghost etc.

Create check list of items to test such as:

- Phone registrations

- Indial / out dial

- Voice mail functionality, forwarding, and accessibility

- Attendant console

etc etc..

- Upgrade the TSP for Unity on the unity server

I also found that there were little differences with route lists/ groups the upgrade created additional call manager groups with them, double check that.

As for the Ericsson try the interoperability portal

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/largeent/avvid/inter_operability/

Hope this is of some help, good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: