cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager V 3.2 Enhancements

r.hotchkiss
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question regarding Call Manager version 3.2 Enhancements. My question is specifically the Hands-free auto answer feature. I have a customer with a School District that is intersted in implementing an AVVID Solution. I need more info on the Hands-Free feature.

I presume that this is an option that could be toggled on and off. my questions are:

1. What happens in the event that the feature is turned on, and then no one is there to answer the call. Does the call disconnect if no voice activity is detected after a period of time, or is the disconnect initiated by the calling party.

2. Is a "Broadcast" feature available, say that the School office needed to broadcast to all or a pre-selected group of instructors say to evacuate the building, etc.

3. Is there a capability for "silent monitoring" say for security purposes?

4. when the calling party calls a phone that has the auto-answer feature, does the called phone ring, buzz, or is the first sound heard by the called party the voice of the calling party? is this configurable, say for the purpose of silent monitoring?

Thanks is advance for your assistance.

Robert Hotchkiss, MCSE, CCNP, CCDA

Network Consultant

NextiraOne

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. The call is still answered by the line with auto answer enabled. It will be up to the calling party to disconnect the call.

2. Not in this first version of the feature. In this release, auto answer is not configurable for shared line appearances.

3. Not really. A completely different silent monitoring feature is in the works for a future release. No dates available yet. See #4 for more info.

4. The called phone rings. The amount of time before the called phone does the auto answer is configurable globally, but there is always at least one ring, so silent monitoring is not really practical.

Thanks for the info Dave, much appreciated.

Hi!

Where is the auto answer answer time configured?

don