I have a question regarding Call Manager version 3.2 Enhancements. My question is specifically the Hands-free auto answer feature. I have a customer with a School District that is intersted in implementing an AVVID Solution. I need more info on the Hands-Free feature.
I presume that this is an option that could be toggled on and off. my questions are:
1. What happens in the event that the feature is turned on, and then no one is there to answer the call. Does the call disconnect if no voice activity is detected after a period of time, or is the disconnect initiated by the calling party.
2. Is a "Broadcast" feature available, say that the School office needed to broadcast to all or a pre-selected group of instructors say to evacuate the building, etc.
3. Is there a capability for "silent monitoring" say for security purposes?
4. when the calling party calls a phone that has the auto-answer feature, does the called phone ring, buzz, or is the first sound heard by the called party the voice of the calling party? is this configurable, say for the purpose of silent monitoring?
1. The call is still answered by the line with auto answer enabled. It will be up to the calling party to disconnect the call.
2. Not in this first version of the feature. In this release, auto answer is not configurable for shared line appearances.
3. Not really. A completely different silent monitoring feature is in the works for a future release. No dates available yet. See #4 for more info.
4. The called phone rings. The amount of time before the called phone does the auto answer is configurable globally, but there is always at least one ring, so silent monitoring is not really practical.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...