Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager version recommendation

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

Hey all,

What version of CM does everyone recommend running. I'm doing a single CM cluster install with two CMs to support about 400 phones. I'm currently running 3.1(3a) and I see that spF just came out today. I also see the 3.2(2) just came out pretty recent.

What do you recommend and what's the deal with continuing to update/support 3.1x and 3.2x?

Thanks,

Vance

2 Replies 2

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I think the most stable version of callmanager is still the 3.1(3a) and the latest service pack. The reason we are coming out with service packs is that when we get a couple of bug fixes we are releasing a new service pack while we are waiting for 3.1(4) to come out. If you need the features in 3.2 then you can run 3.2(2a) I believe it has a lot of bug fixes from 3.2(1).

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

In reviewing the release notes for 3.2(2a), I see several bugs that are still outstanding - such as "After upgrading CCM 3.1(2c) to 3.2 the MOH does not work", or phones reset to chirp1 and chirp2. It is hard to tell from the bug descriptions how many customers were impacted by these problems. Would it be your recommendation to upgrade our 3.1(3a) to spF and apply the cryptographic fixes (win-OS-Upgrade.2000-1-3spD.exe, win-SQLServicePack4.1-0-1.exe, etc.) rather than upgrade to 3.2(2a) if we do not need to take advantages of 3.2 features at this time?

Thanks in advance! Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: