cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager with Cisco 1750

Dragan Mickovic
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to setup Call Manager ver 3.0 with Cisco 1750 using MGCP. When I go to add the Gateway it only gives me options starting from 26xx, 36xx...

Will it work if I choose 2600? I tried to setup the voice ports but when I need to define location, call manager only gives me NV modules, but I only have FXO module in slot 2 of the Cisco 1750. Is there a patch, or do I need to upgrade the CCM version to be able to use cisco 1750, or is there any trick for this to work?

2 Replies 2

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ccm 3.0 is pretty old at this point. Upgrade to the latest, 3.3(3) and you should be good to go.

This is a very old thread, but,

c1750 does not support CCM/MGCP. The "smallest" router that does is the c1750/c1760, and even this requires IOS 12.3(2)T1 (yes, T1 -- it was slated to be in T but a bug somehow kept it from being configurable).

c1750 can be used as an H.323 gateway, as I did at home before upgrading to a c1760.

Keep in mind MGCP-controlled analog ports cannot do a couple of things -- Caller ID and battery reversal spring to mind.

Good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: