cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager

drogell
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently working on a avvid project I installed the publisher with no problems, when I install the subscriber it takes almost an hour to install. When it restarts and I log in it takes a while and then comes back with a message that one or more services could not start, I checked the event viewer

and one of the services was call manager. I then go to administration tools and select services, cll manager is in a starting status instead of started. I tried

stopping it and then starting it bust the stop and sart button are greyed. I also tried installing it from scratch several times, the code I am using is 3.1.3(a).

I would appreciate some assistance.

Thanks

Dennis

5 Replies 5

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

What version of CallManager is the publisher? If it is 3.1.4 or higher, then you have an issue with the Sqlsvc account being changed. Seen below:

CSCdx88146 The SQLSvc default password gets changed when upgrading Cisco

CallManager

Rick

Rick

The version is 3.1.3(a)

Check your service passwords and make sure they are the same for both servers or domain. Also check the SQL accounts and make sure they are the same across the board. It could be that the sub is trying to connect with an invalid pw to the pub...also, what does your event logs say about all this?

kim-yin_tay
Level 1
Level 1

I suspect that it may be a issue with the host file. The host file configuration can be done after the winOS installation.

Pls look thru' the below mentioned url.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/subscriber-upgrade-fails.html

The host file must contain the IP address of all the call manager servers in the same cluster ( publisher and subscribers ) each call manager servers must be able to ping the other call manager server in the same cluster by the hostname. Only when this is achieved, then we start installing the call manager software.

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

Are you installing direct from 3.13(a) or are you upgrading to it from an earlier release in the process? If the latter, then you must install the Publisher at the base level, then the Subscribers at the same level. Get all this working, then upgrade the publisher followed by the subscribers.