Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Managers and tollfraud - any docs listing ways of prevention

Just wondering if anyone knew of any good links covering possible ways fraud calls can occur in a Call Manager and/or IPCC environment, and prevention.

Have been searching on cisco, etc without any good finds yet. I know this is a issue amongst all phone systems and have been through the configurations and found the possible spots fraud could occur but was just looking for a doc hopefully that listed them in case I missed something.

Heres what I have.

Make sure all outbound gateways, route patterns, translation patterns, are in a partition so devices in no partition can't get to them.

Put proper CSS on each object so it can only access resources it should.

Disable auto-register.

Forward All line CSS set to None, so people can't fwd all calls outside.

IPCC/CRS receives calls from Call manager CTI route points, and hands calls off to agents so would still follow partition/CSS rules on the ICD extensions right? or is there a way CRS/IPCC can get around call manager rules?

How about disabling outside dial tone on a 9.@ route-pattern, etc?

When unity is integrated w/CCM, make sure VM Ports have css's that don't have access to partitions with external route-patterns if external calls shouldn't be made or fwd'd from VM.

Put connection-plar on analog voice-ports usually used for outbound dialing, so if a call comes in they get sent to # instead of dial tone.

Is connection-plar needed as a protection method on PRI voice-ports incase a call comes to PRI # directly?

Anything I missed?

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Call Managers and tollfraud - any docs listing ways of preve

The following are some ways to prevent Toll Fraud:

Configure the Cisco CallManager route plans, partitions, and calling search spaces to disable long-distance calls. Configure Personal Assistant to operate in speech-enabled Auto Attendant mode so that callers and employees can access names in the corporate directory only from an external or internal route point. Configure an internal (non-DID) route point.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content